Rental terms and conditions
These rental conditions apply between Outdoor Support in Ulricehamn and lessees who rent kayaks, Canadians, bicycles, bicycle trailers, etc. When these conditions have been approved, it is then lessee’s responsibility to ensure that all persons in the lessee’s booking comply with these rental conditions.
Our rental conditions exist to ensure a safe experience and to prevent injuries and accidents. These rental conditions must be accepted in connection with booking. For questions regarding the rental conditions, please contact us.
Outdoor Support ensures that all equipment is safe and in good condition and regularly replaces all equipment in the business. For canoes, a life jacket, spray deck and paddle are always included, for bicycles a bicycle helmet and map are always included when you rent equipment from us.
General conditions for renting kayak/Canadian
- You always paddle at your own risk and must always adapt to your skill level and weather conditions.
- You must be 18 or older to rent. Children under 18 can rent in the company of a guardian. Guardians are responsible in these cases for their child’s actions.
- You understand that paddling can be a risky activity.
- You understand that injury or death suffered by the lessee can never be the landlord’s fault.
- A requirement to be able to book kayaks/Canadians with us is that you must approve and follow these rental conditions.
- When you are paddling, you have your mobile phone stored in such a way (waterproof) that you can call for help if needed.
Safety conditions for renting kayak/Canadian
- To rent a Canadian/kayak you must be able to swim.
- You always use a life vest, and wear the life vest correctly when paddling. – A life vest is included with every kayak/canadian. Please note that our life vests are buoyancy aids made for paddling and are not life savers. The life vest only provide buoyancy assistance and require you to be conscious and able to swim.
- If you are inexperienced, you always paddle close to land, avoid paddling when the water temperature is cold, and you always paddle with someone else. If you need instructions, please let us know when booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse rental if we consider you to be too inexperienced due to prevailing/temporary weather or water temperature.
- If you rent for a multi-day trip, you must leave a message with information about your route and time estimation for a relative before departure. – If you are not able to do this, you can leave a rout description to us at Outdoor Support, remember to also notify us on these occasions if the plans change.
- You are responsible for rented equipment. In case of damage or loss, you must contact us immediately. In case of damages/losses, you are liable for payment. – Check your insurances!
- You may not rent or lend rented equipment without permission from Outdoor Support
- You must follow the laws and regulations that apply to traffic on lakes and on roads, and show consideration for others.
- You must respect the right of public access (Allemansrätten), nature reserves and any bird protection areas, etc.
- If you do not comply with these rental conditions, or violate Swedish law, we reserve the right to take back rented equipment without a refund claim.
- In the event of a dispute between lessor and lessee, this must first be resolved by agreement. In the event further dispute, Swedish legislation applies and can also be tried by the general complaints board.
Conditions of extraditions and returns
- The equipment must be returned at the latest when your rental period is over. Kayaks/Canadians should be cleaned and wiped down.
- When taking out and returning, you follow the instructions/routines that apply to this. E.g. hang up the life vest and spray deck to dry according to instructions, lock the door, etc.
- In connection with renting equipment from us, you agree that we may save and handle your contact information in accordance with the GDPR
Booking and payment conditions
- Bookings are made via e-mail or telephone to Outdoor Support, alternatively on site at Outdoor Support in Hofsnäs
- Payment is made upon delivery of equipment.
- After the payment is completed, the booking is binding, with the below cancellation rules.
- Cancellation can be made free of charge up to 1 day before the rental period begins. In case of cancellation later than that, 100% of the rental cost will be charged. Refunds for cancellations are made within 7 days.
Lost, stolen, damaged or ICO accident
- The person renting the equipment is responsible for returning it in the same condition as when it was left. The equipment must be received and reviewed by personnel from the lessor upon return, unless otherwise agreed. In case of damaged equipment, the cost of repair will be charged. Equipment lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair will be charged at the recommended equipment price minus 15%.